The Web Officer works to develop and maintain all website under the management of TheModCon, including the Company’s core online public presence and content distribution platform: TheModCon.com. As such, the Web Officer reports to the CMO.
Department: Sales & Marketing Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Hours per week: 2 Location: Remote
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain all websites under the management of The Moderate.
- Respond to all technical enquiries from both internal and external individuals.
- Manage the Company’s email hosting account, in accordance with management requests by relevant personnel and the authorization of tasks (subsequent to these requests) by the Chief Operating Officer (COO) or HR Coordinator.
- Assist in the development of relevant policies and procedures to be enforced by management, including but not limited to: data protection, data retention, and digital security.
- Ensure an appropriate level of protection is afforded to safeguard the integrity of the Company’s websites and IT systems.
- Research and develop new concepts to increase the viewership of The Moderate’s websites, through Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and other means as appropriate.
- Maintain online tracking systems for status of IT systems and web development (including updating and maintaining all internal databases and systems) through Podio to ensure files and information therein are easily accessible for relevant department personnel.
- Undertaking ad hoc tasks as set by the CMO.
- Previous experience of working well within a team and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Extensive experience of website development, including front-end and back-end expertise.
- Experience developing website using the WordPress CMS.
- Knowledge of web and email hosting.
- Skilled in and knowledgeable of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the Podio online workspace platform, as well as Google Drive.
- Familiar with the visual style of the Company’s competitors.
- Demonstrable creativity, originality and innovation to a high degree.
- A strong level of communication and the ability to liaise with internal and external individuals at all levels.
- Able to take initiative and work well independently as well as within a team environment.
- Able to be flexible in relation to the demands of the work set, with the ability to prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Can handle confidential material with sensitivity when interacting with external and internal persons.
Dated 10 July 2015
Please note that as an innovative start-up all our positions are currently filled by ambitious and hard-working volunteers.