The Middle Eastern Affairs Section Editor is the chief content and administrative officer of the respective content section within the editorial department of TheModCon and works to ensure the Company’s editorial guidelines are adhered to by all contributors within their team. Please complete the form below if interested in applying.
Department: Editorial Reports to: Managing Editor Kymberley Chu Hours per week: 2-4 Location: Remote
Roles & responsibilities
- Create daily reports to communicate the status of the section’s on-going tasks.
- Publishing both Arabic and English written articles
- Analyze all articles against the Company’s editorial guidelines before approval.
- Assign all contributors at least one opinion/analytical piece on the week’s news with a minimum word count of 300-650
- Assign each contributor a minimum of one news article per week with a word count of between 80-100 as a guideline.
- Ensure all editorial deadlines within the section are met on time with no disruption.
- Propose potential projects and actively recruit writers interested in Middle Eastern politics
- Related work experience in the field of journalism and media.
- Knowledge of journalistic language and layouts.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of software applications.
- Familiarity with Word Press site operation.
- Proficiency in Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Intermediate or Advanced Proficiency in Arabic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, creative and flexible approach to work.
- Able to be flexible in relation to the demands of the work set, with the ability to prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to take initiative and work well independently as well as within a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Can handle confidential material with sensitivity, both when interacting with external and internal persons.
Please note that as an innovative start-up all our positions are currently filled by ambitious and hard-working volunteers.