A Social Media Assistant supports the day-to-day implementation of the social media strategy that sets forth the manner in which TheModCon is represented on various social media platforms in order to build brand recognition and provide direct access to the Company’s online content. A Social Media Assistant reports to the Social Media Coordinator, who ensures continuity between the Company’s social media marketing efforts.
Department: Sales & Marketing Reports to: Social Media Coordinator Hours per week: 2 Location: Remote
Roles and responsibilities
- Regular and frequent observation of the editorial publishing schedule to enable awareness of social media duties for the assigned section and/or time period.
- Create innovate, attention-grabbing social media content that engages with the Company’s target market and promotes the Company or the Company’s content.
- Create additional social media content utilising trending topics at the time of publishing, working within the framework of the Company’s vision and aims & objectives.
- Interact with the public via social media, acting in a polite and respectful manner and ensuring all such interactions include one’s initials.
- Accurately record all social media content published by one’s self to ensure accountability.
- Propose ideas for social media marketing campaigns and strategies to the Social Media Coordinator.
- Undertaking ad hoc tasks as set by the Social Media Coordinator.
- Previous experience of working well within a team and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the Podio online workspace platform, as well as Google Drive.
- Familiar with social media analytics compilation and presentation.
- A strong level of communication and the ability to liaise with internal and external individuals at all levels.
- Able to take initiative and work well independently as well as within a team environment.
- Able to be flexible in relation to the demands of the work set, with the ability to prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong creative acumen.
- Can handle confidential material with sensitivity when interacting with external and internal persons.
Dated 27 June 2015
Please note that as an innovative start-up all our positions are currently filled by ambitious and hard-working volunteers.