The Business and Legal Affairs Coordinator supports the operations department by ensuring the Company’s compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements across the industry and territories within which the company operates.
Department: Operations Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (COO) Hours per week: 4 Location: Remote
Roles and responsibilities
- Handle all administrative support in relation to business & legal affairs; including but not limited to all scheduling requests, proofreading, etc.
- As requested, provide timely and accurate preparation and drafting of legal correspondence, documentation, contract summaries and related documents.
- Assist with the corporate maintenance, compliance and reporting obligations of corporate entities as required.
- Ensure that all registered trademark and copyright applications in the United Kingdom are up-to-date, tracked and disseminated to necessary parties as required.
- Respond to requests for information from colleagues and/or other departments within the Company to provide copies of agreements or summaries of salient deal terms as required for on-going business and ensure a timely response.
- Develop and maintain tracking systems for status of legal documentation (including updating and maintaining all internal databases and systems) and maintain standardized physical and online filing systems to ensure files and information therein are easily accessible for relevant department personnel.
- Coordinate execution of legal documentation, track status of third party signatures and liaise with other departments to ensure all paperwork is executed, filed and updated on all internal systems.
- Undertaking ad hoc tasks as set by the COO.
- Previous experience of working well within a team and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of UK corporate filing requirements.
- Knowledge of intellectual property laws within the UK and abroad.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the Podio online workspace platform, as well as Google Drive.
- Familiar with the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO).
- Familiar with the National Union of Journalists (NUJ).
- A strong level of communication and the ability to liaise with internal and external individuals at all levels.
- Able to take initiative and work well independently as well as within a team environment.
- Able to be flexible in relation to the demands of the work set, with the ability to prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong analytical skills
- Can handle confidential material with sensitivity when interacting with external and internal persons.
Dated 9 July 2015
Please note that as an innovative start-up all our positions are currently filled by ambitious and hard-working volunteers.