The Advertising Manager is responsible for researching, developing and implementing paid-for advertising methods used by TheModCon. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Advertising Manager, works closely with the Marketing Coordinator and the CMO to ensure the Company’s advertising is effective and appropriate for the respective campaign. The role engages with all members of the core Sales & Marketing team, as well as key points of contacts within other departments.
Department: Sales & Marketing Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Hours per week: 2 Location: Remote
Roles and responsibilities
- Handle all administrative support in relation to advertising.
- Conduct primary research and reasonable experiments in an effort to create a substantial amount of quality data to analyse and draw upon when forming future advertising campaigns.
- Review advertising content prepared by other members of staff.
- Compile secondary research of third party advertising campaigns to reference when developing TheModCon advertising strategies.
- Support the development of and implement all advertising campaigns.
- Handle advertising budgets, as assigned by the CMO.
- Generate a weekly report analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of each and every advertising campaign, including:
- Overall status of advertising operations, including performance and communication.
- General advertising statistics, including but not limited to reach, views, engagement, conversions.
- Update task lists relating to advertising activities.
- Undertaking ad hoc tasks as set by the CMO.
- Previous experience of working well within a team and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with marketing materials.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the advertising capabilities of social media platforms.
- Experience of managing a budget.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the Podio online workspace platform, as well as Google Drive.
- Familiar with the compilation and presentation of marketing statistics.
- Innovative in their approach to developing new marketing strategies.
- A strong level of communication and the ability to liaise with internal and external individuals at all levels.
- Able to take initiative and work well independently as well as within a team environment.
- Innovative and original when undertaking systematic and creative tasks.
- Able to be flexible in relation to the demands of the work set, with the ability to prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Can handle confidential material with sensitivity when interacting with external and internal persons.
Dated 15 September 2015
Please note that as an innovative start-up all our positions are currently filled by ambitious and hard-working volunteers.