The 2016 US Presidential Election Section Editor is the chief content and administrative officer of the respective content section within the editorial department of TheModCon and works to ensure the Company’s editorial guidelines are adhered to by all contributors within their team.
Department: Editorial Reports to: Editor-in-Chief (EIC) Hours per week: 4 Location: Remote
Roles & responsibilities
- Create daily reports to communicate the status of the section’s on-going tasks.
- Analyze all articles against the Company’s editorial guidelines before approval.
- Assign all contributors at least one opinion/analytical piece on the week’s news with a minimum word count of 750.
- Assign each contributor a minimum of one news article per week with a word count of between 250-350 as a guideline.
- Ensure all editorial deadlines within the section are met on time with no disruption.
- Ensure the tone and focus of the Company’s published editorial content is in-line with the relevant marketing strategies and the vision set by senior management.
- Contribute to the supply of content through the writing of a weekly section editorial of no less than 500 words on a topic to be published.
- Develop and distribute the content schedule for their team of contributors.
- Distribute all articles published on the site within their section immediately on social media, in coordination with with the relevant social media staff member.
- Recommend potential/current editorial personnel to the COO and EIC for recruitment or appraisal.
- Direct immediate coverage of news stories to be published within the section.
- Related work experience in the field of journalism and media.
- Knowledge of journalistic language and layouts.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of software applications.
- Familiarity with Word Press site operation.
- Proficiency in Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, creative and flexible approach to work.
- Able to be flexible in relation to the demands of the work set, with the ability to prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to take initiative and work well independently as well as within a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Can handle confidential material with sensitivity, both when interacting with external and internal persons.
Dated 17 May 2015
Please note that as an innovative start-up all our positions are currently filled by ambitious and hard-working volunteers.